My 2nd post today - Easy Elegance

This is a card I have created from another stamp set available in the Summer Mini Catalogue. This time I have used Easy Elegance (111235 set of 4 $39.95). I have applied Stampin'Write Markers direct to rubber, spritzed with water and stamped onto the fabulous Stampin' Up! watercolour paper. And I just love the blue hydrangeas from my garden. Images: © 1990-2007 Stampin'Up! ® Artwork: Margaret L Crawford
The quote is not very visible in this photo but it says: "How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it". George Elliston.
I "googled" the author of this quote - George Elliston and it shows that she was born in Kentucky in 1883 and what an extraordinary life she led. She was a reporter for the former Cincinnati Times-Star for over 40 years. At a time when most newspaperwomen were forced into writing for the society or cooking sections, George Elliston was a hard-news reporter covering crime, murder, and local tragedies. She was known for going to great lengths (and dangers) to get a story. While her professional life was spent reporting, much of her personal time was devoted to writing poetry. Ms. Elliston’s poetry was printed in newspapers and magazines in the United States and reproduced in anthologies in France, Germany, Great Britain, and China.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love the simplicity of the card

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge