Another challenge card - old magazine, new card

This card was another challenge over at Scrapbook Challenges to make a card using hand-made large flowers. Whilst cleaning up today I found an old USA magazine,called Good Old Days, from Summer 1975 and I thought I would make some flowers with the some of pages. The smaller coiled flower was a die that I have (and I had never used before! how often do I do this buy something and not use it), then it was a challenge for a big flower, so I free-hand cut a coil (like pealing an apple in rounds) from 6" square paper, and then bigger from an 8.5" x 10" piece of the paper. I coiled them and then flattened the flowers, and in the process as the paper was so frail, it tore in several places but I think that it adds to the finished flower myself. Thanks for looking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge