Salzburg is not dull!

Over at Scrapbook Challenges there was a colour challenge and I quote "find an image of the uniforms your service men wear. Whether it's the army, navy, air force, or specialty force, use their uniform's colors as your palette! If you feel so led, you can also draw inspiration from the detailing on them. When you post your LO, post the pic of the uniform you based your LO on too."

Okay, definitely a challenge, Australian uniforms are KHAKI. It was difficult to get a photo as most are copyright, however I found one, about a week ago, that I could use as the inspiration for this challenge:
I hope you stay with me as I tell you my thought process for this challenge. KHAKI could not get inspiration on how to use on a scrapbook page.

1. This morning I went to www.dictionary.com and put in KHAKI and one of the results was - DULL YELLOWISH BROWN. Getting less inspired with this.
2. Saw that there was a quote of the day on the page - "An idea is a point of departure and no more. As soon as you elaborate it, it becomes transformed by thought". Pablo Picasso.
3. Okay so let it rest again I said. Started work on some 6" x 6" scrapbook pages I do for charity. Found some paper and started this process and found a matching colour CS to use as journalling block - wait that colour looks like KHAKI !!!
4. So back to challenge I go - with thoughts of "dull yellowish brown" on my mind, found some photographs of Salzburg Old Town - not dull and some yellow to brighten the layout.

I made the cord to represent the lanyard, my journalling is inside the epulette inspired tag. The small captures of colour represent the decorations on the shirt.
Thank you for looking, Margaret


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge