Scrapbooking and Cards

Thank you for coming to my blog, do I say that enough?  This is a rather lengthy entry as I have had painters in for the past week and my house looks like an episode of "Hoarders", they have gone now and I am trying to catch up with all that needs to be done to get back into order.

Once again, over at Scrapbook Challenges there was a Progressive Scrapbooking challenge for September. Here are the steps published each week:
Week 1
Choose one 4" x 6" photo (hold on to it)
Choose and adhere a pattern paper (pp) background (no cardstock allowed)
Choose  and adhere another piece of pp to match and cut to any size you like
Week 2
Choose and adhere one piece of pp and cut a 2" wide strip
Choose and adhere another co-ordinating pp and cut to about 8" x 8" or 9" x 9"
Week 3
Place your photo on layout
add journal spot and subtitle(s)
Week 4
Add title , journaling and embellishments!.
Here are my finished layouts. Yes, I did two!!!
 
This photo of my sister and I was taken at the entrance to old town Eze, in France. This has to be one of the loveliest places I have visited. I was in Eze about 25 years ago, but on went to the Fragonard perfume outlet below the village on the hill. We had a fantastic day walking around and discovering this little piece of history. Sorry for some reason unable to increase size of photo to large.
This photo of me was taken at Joyce's when we travelled by train from London to Templestowe to visit Joyce in her home.  She made a great cup of  English tea and lemon syrup cake for us.  Here I am playing ladies with her Royal Albert tea service - Old Country Roses.
This month I also taught a card making class for a local craft group, here are some of the cards the ladies made in the final week.  My theme was birds/things that fly.
This was an easy card made using Tim Holtz Core Nostalgic Collection cardstock sanded back, Cuttlebug folder Bird Call, Stampin' Up!(r) Taggers Dozen, twine. Scallop punch is optional.  A great card for male I think.
A Christmas card using Cuttlebug folder Swiss Dots, Stampin' Up! (r) Big Bird Punch, ribbon, greeting and punch. Again a simple card but it has a great impact. Change greeting and colours for your birdday (birthday) cards.
This card was a case of a card by my friend Karen, Karen's card had embossed lines around the outside of the white cs, I have used the corner rounder punch. I also used different colours. I have made two cards. The first uses dimensionals to raise the bird image. The stamp set is Stampin' Up! Betsy's Blossom's.  Karen is a SU demonstrator and if you contact her you can order this new stamp set.  I think this is such a happy sunny colour just right for our summer to come.  The second card is heading to another friend, Ryn who lent me some stamp sets for the classes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge