We are having a heatwave in Sydney

Today we are having heatwave conditions in Sydney, it is currently 43c at 5.18pm and it is hot, hot, hot. I found a cool part of my house out the back and created this page. Luckily no fires in my part of New South Wales and I hope that continues.
I was inspired by a layout by Leanne Allinson in the magazine Scrapbooking with the experts No.2.  
This photograph was taken on the balcony of our hotel in Waikiki.  I loved to sit and read my book or a magazine, look at the beach, or enjoy a sunset.  It was also a good viewing area for a Pearl Harbour 72nd anniversary parade on 7th December. 
You can also see my double crown that sends hairdressers into a frenzy.  Oh, you have a double crown! No, you are the first to tell me!!!  I have heard this so many times.
I have carried the relax theme and relaxed the edges of my cardstock, I sponged with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink and then "roughed up" with a wet cloth.
Thank you Leanne for your inspiration.
Now back to trying to keep cool.  Cheers Margaret.

Comments

Leanne said…
Hi Margaret! Thank you so much for visiting me at my blog AND thank you so much for sharing your amazing LO!! I am so pleased that I was able to inspire you. *blush* I hope you stay cool in this blazing heat wave we have happening across the country at the moment. I guess we can only dream about being back in those spots where we took those photos. :D

I look forward to seeing more of your work..x

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge