Sharing more layouts

The following layout is another I have been delaying getting on paper.  Last year I had the scariest ride in a plane en-route Los Angeles to Memphis, storms made the plane divert to Little Rock, Arkansas. It was indeed a white knuckle ride for me.  I was glad when finally we finally landed in Memphis.  I think my red face says it all.  I have used very old rubons from my stash to embellish the page.
LAX to Memphis the scary way!!!
These photos were taken in 2010 when I was was teaching at a language college in Sydney and as teachers we taught our class to sing Christmas Carols.  My class did "Santa Claus is coming to town".
Having fun - Christmas 2010
This layout was for a colour challenge held on the weekend. Pinks, blues, orange, black and lime green were the colours.  We had to select at least 3 of the colours to use on a layout.   How many times do you take a photo and think the first one is not what you (or others in the photo) wanted and then take a more serious shot?
Sisters
Now this layout was a complete 360 degree turn for me.  We were shown by one of the participants how to use what you have on your desk to complete a layout and how to use up those "ugly" papers that you may have in your stash from years ago.  The ugly papers were the pink and blue that you see, we were shown how to use tissue paper to soften (or hide) the papers, doodle the edges and much more.  I then went to town. I first used an off cut of the butterflies I had punched out and used them as a mask as I sprayed dye over the mask. Then I started to lay down the papers (including old book pages), tissue paper that I scrunched up, I punched out the heart bottom left,and put some scrunched up blue paper behind the heart, the left over heart punch went onto the layout.  Then I took it all to the machine and stitched it all down.  Then the fun part attaching the embellishments, Washi tape, bits of ribbon I had, flowers, rhinestones, punched butterflies from another layout I had down that day.  Around the edges I put some stickers from a pack I had in my weekend stash.   I was very pleased with the layout - what do you think?
Me in 2013. 
This final layout was a challenge where we were given a stack of papers and some embellishments and a sketch - I got the flocked white "YOU" and the ribbon you see. You had to use all of the papers in your layout.  I love this photo of my brother and his wife taken last year.  The flocked "YOU" was iron-on and it initially posed a problem - no irons available but a light bulb moment saw me using a heat gun and back of a punch and it worked.  I made the flower with a large scalloped punch. I like the application of gold glimmer mist to the black CS as it gives the illusion of sunlight.
North Wollongong Beach, 2012.
Thanks to the ladies on my table who shared their supplies with me and gave me ideas and shared their experiences.
Thank you for looking, now back to designing some cards................Margaret

Comments

Rose Curtis said…
My favorite pages... are the one of you and the one of your brother! The one of your brother and his love is so beautiful! I love the one you on your Me 2013 page... so adorable!

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge