Challenge the stripes and the bright (neon) colours

Over at ARTastic Challenge Blog their current challenge inspiration is this photo with the criteria -striped patterned paper and bright cheerful colours.
My layout was inspired by the stripes in the deck chair on the poster.  I have used striped paper from a Project Life range called Sunshine (also appropriate don't you think for the poster). In a moment of creativity I realized I had a pot of fine glitter somewhere in my stash. Off I went to find it.  I ran lengths of double sided tape in 2 sizes (mimicking) that deckchair horizontally and vertically onto striped paper and then on removing top tape I liberally applied the glitter.  Result - glitter all over the place - oh well, who does not like a bit of bling.
I have also made my own brads and circle embellishments from the off cuts of the "blingy bits" another inspired moment - I remembered I had the fixings for the brads again somewhere in that great stash in the hope that one day I will use it!!!.
These photos were taken on the day Laura (by now you know that she is a friend from Missouri and that I spent time with her, her husband and her sons recently) and I went to Laser Tag in Colombia, MO. Her boss had arranged a staff function and as I was in town I got to go as well. Yippee!!! As you can see I came a respectable third (it doesn't matter that there was 4 of us playing does it?). We also had games of laser tag which will be the subject of another layout.  A great afternoon of fun and laughter.

Comments

Jane said…
Looks like you had a ball playing tag Margaret. Your page is so bright and colourful and really showcases your photos so well. Many thanks for your entry on ARTastic this month.
Deb said…
A bright and fun layout. Great colours. Thanks for joining in with us at ARTastic.
Great page, Margaret. I love the way you added glitter to your page, and the stripes you have featured so well. Laser bowling and tag!...looks and sounds great fun. Thank you for joining in at ARTastic. Cheers, Di
Unknown said…
What a fun layout and beautiful colours. Thanks for joining our challenge at ARTastic.
Tone-Lill said…
A really fun and cheerful page. I love the stripy paper. Thank you for playing along with our challeng at AARTastic :)
Elaine said…
I've never heard of that game, looks like fun. I love the bright colour you have used for your page. Thanks for coming over and sharing your page with us at Artastic.

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge