Some more pages from my holiday.

I was away this weekend on a Scrapbooking Retreat and whilst there managed to get quite a few pages completed.  Here are some I am sharing with you.  Hope you enjoy scrolling down. 
This first one is of my friend Reta and I - it was taken whilst we had lunch at a Cracker Barrel in  Kentucky. Reta is 91 years young and it has been many years of friendship between us. The papers and stickers are from Kaisercraft Tea Break Collection and the die-cut accents are from s.e.i that I won at the Mega Scrapbook. Love how the unrelated collections all come together.The inspiration for this layout came from scrapbook ideas magazine, page 78 layout by Karen Leonard.
These photos were taken during my visit to Warner Bros Studio - by the magic of the green screen I am transported to the world of Harry Potter. I hand cut the arrow.
Blanchard Caverns in Arkansas - a magnificent wander through these caves.  It was hot outside but in the caves it was 53f.  My journaling is in the envelope I made upper left. The layout was inspired by Piradee Talvanne p72-101 creative ways to use your scrapbook supplies - Creating Keepsakes 2010.
Very New York City.  The last part of my holiday was spent in New York - the journaling says it all, it is very busy, very noisy, very crowded and very expensive and I hope this is what I have captured on this layout.  Inspired by a layout I found on pinterest by Scrapbook.com  For the brick background I used impasto spread through Kaisercraft template Bricks.
This pages says it all they are friends forever.  Love these photos.  For the background I used Distress Stains and banged the bottle from above creating these interesting splotches.  I have also used Prima Vintage Metal Antique Gold spray.
This was a new view of Los Angeles for me, taken from Mulholland Road drive up into the Hollywood Hills. The papers and stickers are from Echo Park Getaway Collection and there are other bits and pieces making up this layout.
In Charlottetown on Prince Edward Island, Canada we stopped at a Farmers Market for a break and look around.  I loved the bright colours of these goodies.  Background paper is Stampin'Up! (r) the range no longer available.  I have used Spellbinders Bird on a Wire die to create the accent - the idea for the layout came from Creating Keepsakes 101+ Creative Ways to use your scrapbook supplies page 104. Layout by Megan Hoeppner.
Thank you for looking and I will share more with you later.   Have a good day.   Margaret

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge