Don't you just love finding new techniques? I do and last night I found this great technique over on the Spellbinders Blog. Now today the sun is shining brightly in Sydney and it was difficult to photo - these cards actually have a lot of shimmer and shine.I have recently become attached to idea of mixed media work in my scrapbook layouts and these cards are certainly meeting some of the criteria for mixed media. Technique:
1. Scrape a layer of Impasto onto the card and spritz with shimmer Smooch Spritz. I used a red and silver as I had in mind making Christmas cards.
2. Let this dry - for me it was overnight
3. Using Spellbinders Nestabilities square die and Sizzlet star die cut out shapes from paper in 3 sizes.
4. Take the little set of papers to the sewing machine and sew them with a straight stitch. Leave ends dangling. I could have stitched straight onto the card.
5. I then adhered the shapes (with red tape as it was stronger) - a rhinestone on some for extra bling.
6. Add greeting
7. Say I love it!!!! Need to make more. Thanks Spellbinders again for the inspiration.