I love a new technique - thanks Spellbinders

Don't you just love finding new techniques?  I do and last night I found this great technique over on the Spellbinders Blog.  Now today the sun is shining brightly in Sydney and it was difficult to photo - these cards actually have a lot of shimmer and shine.
I have recently become attached to idea of mixed media work in my scrapbook layouts and these cards are certainly meeting some of the criteria for mixed media.  Technique:
1. Scrape a layer of Impasto onto the card and spritz with shimmer Smooch Spritz. I used a red and silver as I had in mind making Christmas cards.
2. Let this dry - for me it was overnight
3. Using Spellbinders Nestabilities square die and Sizzlet star die cut out shapes from paper in 3 sizes. 
4. Take the little set of papers to the sewing machine and sew them with a straight stitch. Leave ends dangling.  I could have stitched straight onto the card.
5. I then adhered the shapes (with red tape as it was stronger) - a rhinestone on some for extra bling.
6. Add greeting
7. Say I love it!!!!  Need to make more. Thanks Spellbinders again for the inspiration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge