4 "G's" - Gesso, Gelatos, Glimmer and Guts.

I have been trying to get mixed media into more of my work. Hence the "Guts" reference in the title.   I am a novice and I have relied a lot on checking out videos, blogs, websites etc to get my brain around working in this different style. Yesterday, I came across a video by Ashley Calder which she calls messy painting.  I just had to have a try and here is my result:
What is not entirely obvious in my photo is that I used old book pages as suggested by Ashley in her video - I think my book was not old enough to transfer the ink onto applied gesso. Here is a close up:
I have also used Huey's Chevron Mask (used residue of old gelato for this) and Crafters Workshop Mini Houndstooth template (used impasto).  
I am pleased with the result and even though there are things I could probably have done better, at least I had the guts to have a go.....
Now to create a page with my efforts.   Thanks for looking,   Margaret :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge