Paris - we are coming back!!!

Here is a layout inspired by a challenge at Pixels and Paper Challenge blog.  Here is the challenge photoFEBRUARY inspiration We could interpret it in any way.  This was a timely challenge for me, as I had just booked a Christmas Market tour starting in Paris for later this year. My sister and I will have a few days in Paris (which just happens to be one of her favourite cities) pre-tour.  I last visited Paris in 2011.  The photograph on my layout was taken during that previous visit and it is looking towards the Eiffel Tour (Tower) from Montparnasser Tour (Tower).  The sun came out just as I was taking the photograph.
 I was inspired by a digital layout at Scrapbook.com by Rain_dog who in turn lifted it from Oziem, according to the website, that layout had a small clock and Eiffel Tour embellishments - these are what sparked my imagination - thank you.  I first inked up and distressed the dotted DSP from Stampin'Up! which I then scrunched up and applied more distress ink.  I then applied that to a piece of inked up Kraft cardstock.  On the top I put an old Heidi Swapp clock overlay and then went to town with embellishments. The small words down the right side say "To travel is to discover life." Head over to Pixels and Paper Challenge blog and take up the challenge yourself - with the possibility of winning some prizes.
Thank you for looking, Margaret

Comments

KarenB said…
Brilliant - I love everything about your layout. The clock overlay works beautifully to bring the focus onto the photograph.
Jane said…
A delightful page Margaret, love everything about it. Many thanks for joining us on Pixels and Paper.
Phillis Walrath said…
Beautiful page, love the clock. thanks for playing along with us at Pixels and Paper
Tone-Lill said…
A brilliant take on the challenge .... I love the cool photo. Thank you for playing with us at Pixels and Paper :)
Deb McCleary said…
What a fabulous page Margaret! I love the play on words "The time has come" tying in with the clock overlay. Sensational! I'll have to stick around and have a nosey at more of your travel pages.
Deb.xx
Anonymous said…
Love the photo, how fabulous! Love the tower embellishment too. Thanks for playing along with us this month.
Heidi Williams said…
great page the clock looks great thanks for joining us at P&P this month :)
I love the wasy you have distressed your paper. The clock overlay is great and timely for your sentiment. Fabulous photo and embellishments. Thank you for joining in at Pixels and Paper. Cheers, Di
Regina Chandler said…
Something a little different here, very well done. A very effective page. Many thanks for entering this month at Pixels and Paper

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge