Smile

Another Tic Tac Toe challenge over at Soul Scrappers - see below for the gird.  I chose the middle vertical line - button, gold, string or twine.
I started the background for this last month - it has lain idle - not sure I really like it!!! Why is it that I often don't like these more arty attempts?
This challenge was what started me on putting a photograph on it.
I used Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam Peach Bellini by first painting it onto a white cardstock and then I tipped the bottle on the top and let it dribble down the page.  A Heidi Swapp glitter gold sticker "Smile".  I then painted a contrast piece of paper with Glimmer Glam to form a photo matt, and at the top I have used flowers, twin and a cotton scalloped ribbon (that I applied some of the glimmer to as well - you can never have too much glitter can you?).   Buttons have twine bows and several smaller buttons were applied. Here is a close up of the sticker and also the background.
Tic Tac Toe selection.
A little about the photo - in 2014 a lot of work was done on the Ettalong Beach foreshore, near where I live.  Included in the redevelopment was several of these workout stations.  Now anyone who knows me knows that I am not at all exercise minded - but it was just too good an opportunity to pass up.  Of course everyone exercises with a handbag, a summer dress and their best flip flops - but I did!!!! 
Why not head over to Soul Scrappers and join in the fun challenges they have.


Comments

Shazza said…
You did a great job of the TTT3 challenge, I might have to use your techniques :)
Leslie Germain said…
Margaret!! I LOVE the background!! Just fabulous (the whole thing). Love the colors and the way you layered the flowers!!

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge