Throwback Thursday - my first two layouts in 2004

My career speciality was Change Management and in that role, in two major financial institutions, I had the opportunity to travel Australia introducing change programs - usually computer or systems related.  In 2004, I found myself in Bendigo, Victoria for two weeks.  What to do? It was wet and miserable most of the time and after work was completed it was go back to my accommodation and watch television, read etc.  Well one day I saw an advertisement for scrapbooking and card making classes - just the thing - so off I headed to Scrapbook Barn (no longer operating), enrolled in a couple of classes, and then headed off to get some photos printed.  
I obviously had a fascination with punches and I must have purchased the tag punch as I still have it in my supplies.  The addiction began!!!
My second layout was of photos I took on boat ride on the steamer Pevensey.  Located on the banks of the mighty Murray River, the twin towns of Echuca Moama are the closest point of the Murray to Melbourne, an easy two and half hour drive. The historic Port Precinct and Echuca Wharf is recognised as one of Australia's finest heritage icons and is home to the largest riverboat fleet in the world.
The tag is the ticket I was issued with.  I also found an Australian Postage stamp featuring the area that I used.
What is obvious to me is that I still have a fascination of showcasing the photos on a layout, even though in the years after this I ventured into more freer layouts and have even ventured into exploring mixed media on my layouts.
I hope you have enjoyed this journey into my past.   Margaret :)

Comments

Leslie Germain said…
Margaret, I Loved the journey into your past. Thanks for sharing your stories and your lovely layouts! It is neat to see how you style has changed. Maybe next week I will post an oldie of mine!!! Beautiful!!

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge