Knitting a scarf or two!

Is it possible to become addicted to a knitting pattern?  I am saying yes!!! The scarf is a knitted ruffle and I absolutely adore it. Here I am with the one I knitted for myself.
It uses wool yarn from Rowan and the pattern is so simple! My sister purchased the yarn in England recently.  Here is a closer look at the completed scarf:
I have also made her one in her favourite colour of soft blue.   No - I did not stop there - this year I have been making woollen scarves and beanies for charity, my neighbour had been given a bag full of 10 ply plus yarns that her regular knitters will not use - I said okay I will take them and see what I can do.  I have lot count of how many I have knitted for local women's shelters, homeless etc.  The pattern is quick to knit up and suitable for all yarn types.  I did use several other patterns I found on the internet but I always came back to the ruffle.
Oh, and last night I branched out and started a simple child's cardigan.  There will be yarn left over for me to make another ruffle scarf.....
The hat I am wearing I did not make - I recently headed north to see friends and on the way called in for break and rest at Taree and in a local craft group shop I found the hat - and it matched my scarf!
Thanks for looking, Margaret :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge