Heritage/Vintage Scrapbooking

A number of people have been asking me about how to go about doing a heritage/vintage scrapbooking layout.  Here is one I have completed today.  The photo shows my mother (centre), my maternal grandmother (left) and my paternal grandmother (right) taken on my parent's wedding day.
I was inspired by a layout I saw on Pinterest by craftershome.blog. Unfortunately, the link to the layout is not current and I was unable to leave some love for the original designer, but I did leave a comment on Pinterest. Thank you goes to them.
The next step was to go through my stash of papers looking for papers suitable for the layout.  As a general rule you should avoid bright colours on vintage layouts.  Also suitable embellishments - go to town you can use lace, flowers, doilies, buttons, ribbon, brads the list is endless and you can customize to suit the photo.   I found the shoe paper and immediately thought of both grandmothers as they always wore lace up sturdy shoes even on this day.  Tearing and distressing with ink are also  suitable to go to town on.   The quote I found on-line "Remembering is the key".
I love it - what do you think?
Thank you for looking, Margaret :)

Comments

Leslie Germain said…
What a gorgeous vintage page!! LOVE the colors!!

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge