Musee D'Orsay, Paris

It is very hot here on the Central Coast of New South Wales today (yesterday and the day before as well) so most of the day has been spent inside with air-conditioner on.  So I have managed to complete several layouts from my recent holiday.
This double page layout is of Musee D'Orsay, on the left bank of the Seine in Paris.    It was originally built in 1900 to be a train station but was closed in 1939 when its platforms became too small for the long trains of modern times. In 1986 it then reopened as a museum  featuring art produced between 1848 and 1914, the time period of the Impressionists and post-Impressionists.   The clock is a wonderful piece, you can look through the clock at Sacre Couer and we were so thrilled it was fabulous weather and we could spot it.
The left hand side of the layout shows the clock.  It was so hard not to get a photo that did not have people in it (aka the top photo) but I was lucky when I went back a little later - no people!!
The right hand layout showcases some of the art and sculptures - you were allowed to take photos so long as you did not use your flash.   I love how my photos captured the frames and look like they are hanging on the papers.
I have used up supplies from a Kaisercraft range called Antique Bazaar and I have sponged with brown ink to tone down the neutral colours. 
I am going to submit this to Sketchy Board Challenges (the first time I have submitted anything to them) as I was inspired by this photo and I thought it tied in nicely with my photos.


Thank you for looking, keep cool,  Margaret :)
“Day is just a collection of hours.” Serj Tankian 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge