Anna Pavlova costume

Another challenge completed for Scrap Girls at Home Easter Retreat.

We were to be inspired by this mood board.
How was I inspired?  I loved the colours (not normally colours I would use) and also the bunch of flowers in the face.   Textiles have played a major part in my life and I was mesmerized by this beautiful costume.
My photograph of  the Anna Pavlova (the world famous ballerina) costume was taken at The London Museum.  The colour of the dress is actually white - however as I could not use my flash it has come out slightly dull in colour.   The costume was designed by Madame Mayna and worn by Pavlova 1923-1925.  
I will add a small amount of journaling on the pink strip.  The papers were by Kaisercraft and the flowers by Melissa Frances.  I can just see Pavlova receiving the flowers at the end of a dance program.
Thank you for looking,
Margaret
"The right to happiness is fundamental." Anna Pavlova.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge