Fun times at Red Rock

Getting my mixed media on!!!
I had so much fun creating this page today.  I was wanting to use my lonely Gelatos I am sure they were feeling unused and unloved (Okay I know inanimate objects but you have to smile) when I stumbled across a You Tube video by Fiona Paltridge from May 2014.  
I did Gesso the background paper before I started as past experiences with water on patterned paper have not been successful.
What did I love about Fiona's layout - the washi tape border it is so reminiscent of the borders I do in my patchwork quilts and I wonder why I never thought of it before!!  I loved the layers of gesso, texture paste, gelatos and stamps.
The photos where taken last year at Red Rock on the north coast of New South Wales and I had just successfully crossed a very small stream!!! on the way to the Red Rocks.  The photos are actually a mix of me going and coming back from the rocks.
Thank you Fiona for your inspiration, I have left a thank you for you on the video comments. I have learned some new techniques that I am sure to use in upcoming layouts.
Cheers all, Margaret :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge