"V" is for Vellum

Here I am back with a layout created for Soul Scrappers - this time the letter challenge was "V" and the criteria Vellum.  My word is Vintage.
The photograph is of my parents on their wedding day - in their "going away" outfits.  My mother was a tailoress/dressmaker and she made all of her clothes for her big day and I am sure for her trousseau.  Is this word still used today? It means the clothes, linen, and other belongings collected by a bride for her marriage. For their honeymoon they went to Newcastle, NSW not far from where I live these days.
I searched my stash for some vellum - not an easy task as it is not something that I regularly use and in fact it is not something that I have really embraced.  Yes, it is Christmas themed - oh, well, how was I going to make it work. As I was doing this, I found a piece of Graphic 45 paper with a fashion theme.  Taking inspiration from the fact that Mum was a dressmaker I decided to keep the word Seasons and then tear the remaining piece of vellum and adhered with brads (somewhat crookedly on the top) to resemble pin tucks that feature on her dress.   Some simple embellishments complete the layout.
The very small piece of paper/sticker on the bottom defines Vintage, in part, "adj. of old, recognized and enduring interest, importance, or quality...."  So true.
My mother passed away at the very young age of 49 and Dad made it to his 87 birthday.  So these old photos do have enduring interest and importance to me.
Thank you for looking, Margaret :)

Comments

marysunshine said…
Mary, It turn out beautiful, love how created the pleated Vellum and tack it down with brads.Love feel of vintage, it one of my favorite theme to scrap, especially if the photo is family heirloom, Thanks for playing this month.

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge