Layouts completed on the weekend.

Here are some more layouts I completed during the past weekend at the retreat I went to, enjoy and I would love you to comment (if you are able) as I love to see where the visitors to my blog come from. I appreciate all the comments (except spam that is instantly deleted).
Thanks, so settle back as I write a little about each layout.
Recently, I went around to my sisters and said "it is a beautiful day let's head out for lunch and a bit of relaxation."  So we grabbed a couple of sandwiches, soft drinks and a cake from local shops, and headed to the waterfront at Woy Woy in New South Wales.  Just down the road for us about 5 minutes away.   The pelicans were resting on the shoreline, and sure enough this one, we nicknamed "Mr Percival" came over to join us as we ate - shoo, go, we have no food etc etc but he (I am assuming a he) stayed for awhile and looked at us as begging for a handout.  Not that day!!!
The organizer of the retreat sets a bingo challenge to complete over the weekend. This layout was to use glitter.  Ready for Christmas photo.
This layout was to use hexagons.  In May this year, the same ladies got together for another retreat at the same location.  This was the photo taken then.  Now, at that retreat there was a class using these Close to My Heart (CTHM) papers and so I thought it appropriate that I use the left overs on this layout.
In 2007/2008 I had the opportunity to teach English in China and I met Jan and Brian in the second 6 months of my time there.  Jan had found a blog entry of mine about getting my hair cut and the experience of this in China and when the arrived in Changsha, China we arranged to meet.  They taught at a school near Changsha and I was at another university about a 1.5hour bus journey from Changsha.  I would travel to meet them several times during our stay - we had many a happy birthday and Christmas celebration together.  They returned to Canberra, ACT and I to New South Wales and we have kept in contact since.  Imagine, my surprise when I ran into them this year at Redcliffe in Queensland - time for a quick cuppa before they headed to the airport to return home.  
This layout is from papers and embellishments in the current Paper Flourish kit. It is a direct copy (well except for my choice of papers in the kit) of one in their booklet with the kit.  The photo was taken earlier this year when I tried my hand at decorating cupcakes. I thought I needed more practice so of course I bought the supplies to continue at home - have I used them? No, they sit there ready for another day!!!
This layout was also from the bingo challenge - it was to use the new CTMH colour called Seagrass. Not a colour I use often, however I embrassed the colour and used lots of washi tape and left overs from the layout above to complete this layout.   For the word 'happy' I covered a piece of the cardstock with some of the washi tape I used and then die cut the word. 
Thank you for looking, and taking the time out of your busy day.  
Margaret :)

Comments

Leslie Germain said…
All beautiful creations!! Love the pelican page and what you did with the background!! Very nautical looking!!

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge