Good times

Well, I did finish all 6 Australia Day challenges over at Scrappingclearly.  Here is my layout for the final challenge
The photograph is of a friends granddaughter and was taken when we all went to a park in Queensland. I have loved the bright colours of Isabelle's skirt and top and was just waiting for the right time to put it onto a layout.   Well, this challenge below
Now, I am going to admit that I found this one to be the most challenging for me - I did not have any leather or cork or such and the colour of the challenge board had me thinking neutrals.  So I went off in search of what I could use, I found some calico and twine I had previously dyed with Tinby watercolour powders - YES and then found some hessian (or burlap as they say in USA), that had a previous life as a wrap around a bottle, with pink lace on it - perfect for the photo.  Perfect and together with some old old stickers that co-ordinated I completed the layout.    Oh, I did also attach the calico with some straight line sewing on my machine.
Thanks for looking, Margaret :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge