It is hot, hot, hot

Today, I am sure there will more weather records broken, so hot at 6am and just getting hotter.  No better reason that to be staying indoors with the air-con on (I am lucky to have it and will just pay the bill when I get it!!)   I have been playing along with CreativeKady who has been creating tags. The first in her series was to make your own tissue paper.  My finished tag:
First you need tissue paper (I did not have any white and I was not heading down to shops to get any in this heat) so another option was to use the second ply from a dinner napkin.  Then gather stamps together and using black waterproof ink stamp randomly,
 Then select portion to use, apply to tag using matt gel medium.  Let dry.
Finally, I sponged on Ranger Distress inks to colour my tag. After I tidied up the edges I ran a black Gelato around the edges and smudged with my fingers.   I did apply a layer of Faber Castle Glaze on top (and boy did that ever stink!!)  After that was dry a few rhinestones for sparkle.
I like the final result and will definitely try it again with white tissue.
Thank you CreativeKady for sharing your technique for making our own tissue papers.
Keep cool in your in Australia and keep warm if you are in a colder climate.
Margaret :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge