Class cards and remember everything old is new again!

I wanted to share with you some cards I have designed recently for a card class I lead each Friday for a local community group.
These two cards were made using handmade paper, distress inks (run across a clear block and then spritzed and applied to the paper) and a mixture of stamps I found in my stash.
 I love them - the way that the distress ink reacted with the paper is 'magic'.
This card uses a Darkroom Door stamp of the lady. Other embellishments were from my stash. This reminds of the old Ladies Home Journals that my mother, a dressmaker/tailor,  collected - they contained pattern paper of some of the clothes in the magazine.  I remember as a child being mesmerized by the images of film stars and their stories, the clothes.  Background paper was old pattern paper that I have collected over the years.
In a recent post I share how I made a scrapbook layout using the technique of what I am calling faux watercolouring - I just new it would work on a card. 
This card uses a matchbook fold.  I have been looking at different folds for making cards. The stamp set is a retired Stampin' Up! set called Betsy's Blossoms.  You can probably see I have stamped the bird onto the central image and then on a separate pieces of white cardstock stamped the bird again, cut out the wings and attached to bird.
A lot of my cards recently have been along the lines of 'everything old is new again' from folds to stamps to techniques.
Feedback that I have received show that the ladies loved the cards.
Thank you for looking, Margaret :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge