Change a word challenge

Well, it has nearly been a month since I completed a layout - I have been busy - busy good - and also on a short break in Central Australia.
Today, I wanted to create a layout, and here is what I came up with, a double page layout.
When my sister and I went on a cruise in April this year, I found out that there would be a 'pink' moon on 11 April.  I was excited when on boarding our boat I found out we were on the side that the moon what be appearing. So come 11 April, I was ready with my camera. Unfortunately the sky did not come to the party and the pink I was expecting so why?
Why is it called a pink moon?  Off I went to Google and found the following explanation:
A pink moon is heading our way Tuesday – but those expecting to see a literal pink sphere sailing above us in the sky may be disappointed.
Any full moon that occurs in April is called a ‘Pink Moon’ simply because of the pink flowers, such as North America’s wild ground phlox, which blossom in April and are seen to symbolize new beginnings. 
Recently, I have been reading the blog of Shimelle and she had a 25 days of scrapbooking words and titles. No. 21 is Change one word.  So, of course - once in a blue moon became once in a pink moon.
For the sketch I was inspired by one I found whilst blog surfing for double page layout ideas and it is from It's a Creative World. Why not visit both blogs for your inspiration.
I started by spraying white cardstock with a raspberry colour and then went looking for any scraps of paper in my stash that could be used.  What looks like a scalloped edge I hand cut from paper that had circles in a row.
Thanks for looking, Margaret.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge