Mixed Media Shabby Chic card

I was recently asked to lead an advanced cardmaking class, and my mind immediately went I want to do a mixed media card.  It take the participants 1.5 hours to make the card below:
Ingredients: Kaisercraft Sage & Grace papers, Tinby Designs Color Crush Raspberry as a spray, heart handmade with paper pulp and painted with white acrylic paint, Stampin' Up! embossing paste through a mask of their choosing, Distress Ink and stamping completes the card. For the heart I punched out a heart onto white cardstock and then applied the paper pulp with my fingers allowing it to dry overnight.  I did make all them before the class.  The ladies got to make a smaller one on the day to use later at home when it had dried.
I was inspired by a card I saw in craft stamper magazine February 2016 made by Mona Pendleton and I have emailed her to thank her for the inspiration.
This card has multiple layers and requires lots of drying in between each layer - the ladies loved it and for many it was the first time that had used embossing paste.
Thank you for looking, Margaret :)

Comments

Beck Beattie said…
Love this Margaret! the Color crush was such a perfect match! xxxBeck
Mona Pendleton said…
Margaret, your card is so pretty! I love the shabby mixed media style! Happy to read that your class went well :)

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge